European and Japanese plum cultivars
- Collection, evaluation and reservation of European and Japanese plum cultivars.
- Collection, evaluation and reservation of improved prunes rootstocks.
- Evaluation and creation of new plumcoat cultivars.
- Organize and participate in prune and plum tree growing training.
- Many prune and plum cultivars have been evaluated for morphological and chemical characteristics (color, soluble solids, total acids, total phenols, anthocyanins, carotenoids and ascorbic acid contents, total antioxidant capacity and browning potential), yield, nutritional needs, resistance to frost, diseases and insects.
- Our evaluation orchard has 20 European and 32 Japanese cultivars.
- From the European prunes cultivars good agronomical characteristics were found in Anna Spath, Stanley, President, Scoldus and Valor. Good agronomical characteristics were found in the pluot cultivars and hybrids Pluot and PRO 53/84.
- A new improved Prunus myrovolana rootstock was found.